Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This blog is something I've created for friends, family, and anyone who has a passion for food. In this blog you'll find new healthy recipes, health and nutrition articles, and helpful exercises. I hope you enjoy this blog and what it has to offer.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Nutty Mix- Trail Mix

I'm so excited to share with you the nutty mix (trail mix) I just concocted. Tomorrow is a tournament day for me, so that means judging all day and snacking, since there is no time to eat. I wanted to create something festive and flavor full so I headed off to my local market to have some fun.

Nutty Mix
Ingredients
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 - 1 cup raw pepitas
1/2 - 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup goji berries
1 cup jumbo raisins

Measure out all ingredients and put them into a large Zip Lock Freezer bag. Zip the bag close and shake. Shake until all ingredients are mixed. You can store the Nutty Mix in the Zip Lock bag or poor and store in a air tight container.

If you're craving a sweeter version add 1 1/2 cups carob chips. This is a good mix to put out at holiday parties or any type of get together.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment