The best weekend pancakes to enjoy any time of the week. In my family pancakes were always a special treat that my dad would make on Sundays. To this day when we all get together at my parents house my dad will make us his famous pancakes. Yummy!
I decided to switch up my regular pancake recipe this morning. This is a recipe that does not include flour, milk, or refined sugar. These were so enjoyable I thought I would share.
Oatmeal Banana, Blueberry, Walnut Pancakes
Makes 2 Pancakes
1/2 cup Organic Rolled Oats
1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
3 egg whites
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
1/2 tsp Alcohol Free Vanilla
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 large banana
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat fry pan on low with olive oil. Make sure oil is distributed evenly. In a high speed blender place rolled oats, ground flax seed, egg whites, agave nectar, vanilla, and Cinnamon. Blend all ingredients together. Once ingredients are blended slice and add bananas, add blueberries and chopped walnuts. You can also save the chopped walnuts as a topping for your pancake instead of adding it to the batter. Add batter to fry pan cook each side until it’s golden brown. When you are done cooking the pancakes drizzle agave nectar on top (instead of maple syrup).
When strawberries are in season I like to make my pancakes with out the fruit inside. Instead I cook up the pancake and add 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, 1/4 blueberries, and drizzle the agave nectar on top.
Enjoy!
I decided to switch up my regular pancake recipe this morning. This is a recipe that does not include flour, milk, or refined sugar. These were so enjoyable I thought I would share.
Oatmeal Banana, Blueberry, Walnut Pancakes
Makes 2 Pancakes
1/2 cup Organic Rolled Oats
1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
3 egg whites
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
1/2 tsp Alcohol Free Vanilla
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 large banana
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat fry pan on low with olive oil. Make sure oil is distributed evenly. In a high speed blender place rolled oats, ground flax seed, egg whites, agave nectar, vanilla, and Cinnamon. Blend all ingredients together. Once ingredients are blended slice and add bananas, add blueberries and chopped walnuts. You can also save the chopped walnuts as a topping for your pancake instead of adding it to the batter. Add batter to fry pan cook each side until it’s golden brown. When you are done cooking the pancakes drizzle agave nectar on top (instead of maple syrup).
When strawberries are in season I like to make my pancakes with out the fruit inside. Instead I cook up the pancake and add 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, 1/4 blueberries, and drizzle the agave nectar on top.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment