This last week my lunch was so exciting and colorful. I was inspired to make something different, something clean and nutritious without adding meat. Lately I've been into eating Ezikiel tortillas and decided to make a wrap for my lunches this week.
Veggie Wrap
1 Ezikiel Tortilla
1- 1 1/2 Tbsp Goat Cheese
1/4 small avocado
carrot (shredded)
hiccuma (shredded)
red cabbage (shredded)
red onion (thinly sliced)
spinach
home made Italian Dressing
How I like to layer my wrap:
Of course start with the Ezikiel tortilla, next spread the goat cheese evenly over whole side of the tortilla facing myself/you, next I take the 1/4 of avocado slice it up and put on one 1/2 side of the tortilla, now for the rest I add the carrots, hiccuma, red cabbage, sprouts, red onions, and spinach (keeping it to the half side of the tortilla so it can be folded/rolled).
Once I've layered my wrap I add my nice home made Italian dressing to the side with all the veggies, then I take the side that has all the veggies on it and roll it into my wrap , and cut in half.
Make sure not to over stuff your wrap, tempting with all the great ingredients, you won't be able to roll or keep together well.
Other ingredients to possibly add:
Zuchini
Cucumber
Tomato
Red Bell Peppers/Green
Mushrooms
Shredded Lettuce
Radishes
Italian Dressing
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Flax Seed Oil
3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Vinigar
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Dijon or spicy mustard
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
For the Italian Dressing place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high.
Another kind of burrito:
One of my easy go to meals, usually for dinner, is an Egg White and Quinoa Burrito. This is a meal that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I’m always on the go, going from work to Taekwondo or work to the gym, and this is quick and easy and gets me on my way sooner then later.
Egg White & Quinoa Burrito
1 Ezikiel tortilla
3 egg whites
Spinach
Mushrooms
1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
Pepper
1/4 cup cooked Red Quinoa
Cook up mushrooms in fry pan (don’t over cook), add egg whites, spinach, and seasoning, scramble. Cook scrambled eggs to desired consistency. Heat up Ezikiel tortilla. Place red quinoa in the middle of the tortilla, place scrambled eggs on top of quinoa. Fold the tortilla into an open burrito (one side open, other side folded).
Veggie Wrap
1 Ezikiel Tortilla
1- 1 1/2 Tbsp Goat Cheese
1/4 small avocado
carrot (shredded)
hiccuma (shredded)
red cabbage (shredded)
red onion (thinly sliced)
spinach
home made Italian Dressing
How I like to layer my wrap:
Of course start with the Ezikiel tortilla, next spread the goat cheese evenly over whole side of the tortilla facing myself/you, next I take the 1/4 of avocado slice it up and put on one 1/2 side of the tortilla, now for the rest I add the carrots, hiccuma, red cabbage, sprouts, red onions, and spinach (keeping it to the half side of the tortilla so it can be folded/rolled).
Once I've layered my wrap I add my nice home made Italian dressing to the side with all the veggies, then I take the side that has all the veggies on it and roll it into my wrap , and cut in half.
Make sure not to over stuff your wrap, tempting with all the great ingredients, you won't be able to roll or keep together well.
Other ingredients to possibly add:
Zuchini
Cucumber
Tomato
Red Bell Peppers/Green
Mushrooms
Shredded Lettuce
Radishes
Italian Dressing
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Flax Seed Oil
3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Vinigar
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Dijon or spicy mustard
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
For the Italian Dressing place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high.
Another kind of burrito:
One of my easy go to meals, usually for dinner, is an Egg White and Quinoa Burrito. This is a meal that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I’m always on the go, going from work to Taekwondo or work to the gym, and this is quick and easy and gets me on my way sooner then later.
Egg White & Quinoa Burrito
1 Ezikiel tortilla
3 egg whites
Spinach
Mushrooms
1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
Pepper
1/4 cup cooked Red Quinoa
Cook up mushrooms in fry pan (don’t over cook), add egg whites, spinach, and seasoning, scramble. Cook scrambled eggs to desired consistency. Heat up Ezikiel tortilla. Place red quinoa in the middle of the tortilla, place scrambled eggs on top of quinoa. Fold the tortilla into an open burrito (one side open, other side folded).
No comments:
Post a Comment